Hyde Park Nursery School
Unlock the Key to Learning
An Alternative to Universal Pre-K
Come to our Next Open House on Wed. August 22nd from 5:30 to 7:00 PM.
Our Book Fair is Coming...Come See Beauty and the Beast!
November 8th, 9th and 10th from 6:30 to 8:30 PM.
Celebrating 30 years in business!
What sets us apart!
Our full day program offers AM and PM classes to all students
who wish to take advantage of them. Younger children may take part in
afternoon nap time, in leiu of the second class.
The program is tailored to each individual child's needs. We work on
reading readiness, speech development and basic fine motor and gross
motor skills. Our goal is to help all children reach their full
potential at their own pace! It's these differences which makes our program the
perfect alternative to Universal Pre-K!
Hyde Park Nursery School offers:
- Preschool for ages 2 1/2 thru 6
- Two sessions:
AM or PM (1/2 day)
- 2,3, 4 or 5 day sessions
- Session hours:
- 9:00 AM - 11:45 AM
- 1:00 PM - 3:45 PM
- On-going registration for various programs.
In addition, Hyde Park Nursery School offers:
- Full day sessions Center Hours:
- Before & After school care is available to those children attending the Hyde Park Central School District.
All programs include:
- Listening Skills
- auditory discimination
- following directions
- learning rhymes
- Visual Discrimination
- identifying colors and shapes
- comparing items for "same" and "different"
- Motor Skills
- gross motor activities - jumping,
skipping, hopping, dancing, follow the leader
and more eye-hand motor coordination throwing
and catching a ball
- fine motor activities - arts and crafts, using
scissors, pasting, stringing beads, painting,
coloring and tracing skills
- Social Skills
- adult supervised free play (indoors
- role playing, sharing, listening in a group
- show & tell and snack time
- Academic Skills
- reading to the children to develop
concepts and vocabulary
- telling stories to develop
- counting, recoginizing numerals,
understanding quantities, writing numbers (when
- reciting and recognizing alphabet,
writing alphabet (when appropriate)
- the study of rhyme and rhythm through song
- singing to piano accompaniment
- the study of plants, animals, magnets, weather,
- Social Studies
- field trips into the community, discussion
of historical figures, introduction to other countries
and other cultures
- the study of personal hygiene, dental care, nutrition
- Field Trips
- apple and pumpkin picking, dentist's office,
library, various theatrical performances and many others related to the curriculum
- Holiday and Spring Recital / Graduation
Daycare is available for children from 6 weeks old to 2
years and 9 months @ Miss Chris and Miss Joan's Group Family Daycare. This programs is an affiliate of the Hyde Park Nursery School, which is located in
another building onsite.
The Daycare consists of age appropriate activities.
Hyde Park Nursery School offers a Nursery program for ages 2 years 9 months and up.
The Program Offers:
- Monthly Field Trips
- Daily activities around letter and number recognition.
- Age Appropriate Activities
- Christmas and End of Year Recitals which include Graduation ceremonies for those ready to move on to Kindergarten.
Hyde Park Nursetry School offers a Pre-K program for 4 and 5 years old.
The Program is offered in a variety of Time Formats:
- Full Day
- Half Day
- 9 am to 3 PM
The Program Offers:
- Reading Readiness
- Italian Classes
- Yoga Classes
The staff at the Hyde Park Nursery school, as
well as Miss Chris and Miss Joan's Group Family Daycare, is highly
trained and qualified to work with young children. The Director,
Joan Kerrs, has a bachelors
degrees in early childhood education, as well as 25 years experience in
early childhood education.
Most of our staff have bachelors degree's and/or associated
degree's in early childhood education or similar fields. We also have,
on-staff, a New York Sate Certified special education teacher as well as
a NY State Reading / Literacy teacher. All teachers assistants receive
on-going training; 15 hours per year.
Our staff turnover is extremely low, resulting in the highest quality of consistent care.